Best Horse Racing and Riding in Port-Louis
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Mauritius team
Horse racing is very popular in Mauritius. The oldest race course in the southern hemisphere, Champ de Mars also has the distinction of being the only race course on the island. It's known to be one of the toughest horse race tracks because of its small size and tight bends. Champ de Mars is a must-see place for any horse racing enthusiasts. The racing atmosphere here in Mauritius is one of a kind.
A number of places on the island also offer amazing horse trails, with panoramic views of the ocean and adjacent landscape. If you are on a family holiday to Mauritius, you can have a great horse riding experience here, with a wide variety of riding tours available such as a morning ride on the beach.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Mauritius:If youʻre booking your trip to Mauritius last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mauritius: Full-Day Speedboat Tour to Ile aux Cerfs & BBQ
- Mauritius: Le Morne Mountain Guided Sunrise Hike and Climb
- Mauritius: Bois Cheri, Saint Aubin & La Vanille Nature Park
- Port Louis: Private Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Mauritius: Gris Gris Beach & Mamzelle Waterfall Guided Tour