My Guide Website?
Mauritius: The Wild South Hiking Tour with a Guide17 Reviews
Hike to capture scenic views of the south coast. Get a massage under Mamzelle Waterfall. Swim in a natural pool with colorful fish near Gris Gris beach.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mauritius:If youʻre booking your trip to Mauritius last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mauritius: Full-Day Speedboat Tour to Ile aux Cerfs & BBQ
- Mauritius: Le Morne Mountain Guided Sunrise Hike and Climb
- Mauritius: Bois Cheri, Saint Aubin & La Vanille Nature Park
- Port Louis: Private Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Mauritius: Gris Gris Beach & Mamzelle Waterfall Guided Tour
- Discover picturesque views of the south coast of Mauritius
- Relax in a natural pool with waves crashing on you
- Experience an intense waterfall massage
- Learn about the unique flora and fauna of Mauritius
- Hike with an experienced and certified mountaineer
DescriptionHear the soothing sound of the waves along with picturesque views of coast on this hiking trip. Guided by a qualified mountaineer, explore the natural wonders of the south coast, also called the Wild South. You can see the waves crash directly on the cliffs due to the absence of coral reefs. Undergo a short health and safety briefing to get ready for the hike. For the first section, be guided by your local mountaineer to Bain des Négresses Waterfall. Make your way through the Filao forest, learning about the unique flora and fauna of the region. Head down to the cliffs and cross the River Bain des Negresses to reach the natural pool of Gris Gris. Enjoy some free time to relax in the natural pool with colourful fishes swimming around you. Admire the beauty of the southern coast while waiting for waves to crash on you. After this thrilling experience, be led by your mountaineer to Mamzelle Waterfall, a hidden gem in the Wild South. Feast on some delicious healthy snacks at this spot. Mamzelle Waterfall plunges into lush green vegetation. You can opt for a natural massage under the waterfall or simply relax and admire the beauty of your surroundings. Continue the hike La Roche Qui Pleure with natural geological rock formations. Watch violent waves crash over the cliffs, appearing as if the basaltic rocks are weeping, from which it derives the name 'The Weeping Rock'. Your knowledgeable mountaineer will share his passion for the great outdoors with you. Finally, move to Gris Gris beach, a large green field overlooking the dramatic cliffs. Admire its wild and pristine landscape before turning back to the starting point.
IncludesGuided hiking trip Healthy snacks Photographs
- This hike is adaptable to almost all age groups. Each participant must bring at 1.5 liters of water. Transportation (pick-up and drop-off) can be organised at an additional cost. This activity is recommended for outdoor enthusiasts only.