My Guide Website?
Mauritius: Le Morne Mountain Guided Sunrise Hike and Climb38 Reviews
Take your passion for hiking to the next level up Le Morne Brabant Mountain. Benefit from an experienced guide and enjoy the striking panoramic views of Mauritius' emerald sea and verdant mountains from the top.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mauritius:If youʻre booking your trip to Mauritius last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike and climb to the memorial cross summit of Le Morne Brabant mountain
- View Mauritius' stunning nature from a different perspective
- Learn about the island's history with a professional guide
- Discover the unique flora and fauna of the island
- Push your hiking limits by scrambling up 4 rocky sections of the path
DescriptionWalk up Le Morne Brabant mountain, one of Mauritius' most popular attractions and a UNESCO World Heritage Site led by a certified climber as your guide on this small-group tour. Meet your guide at the Slave Route Monument (Le Morne Public Beach) for a safety briefing before you head to the entrance of the mountain. The first section of the hike will be through the luscious rainforest. Make sure to keep an eye out for the phenomenal and rare endemic birds, and plants. Watch the golden sunrise and listen to the birds chirp as you climb up the mountain's four rock-scrambling sections. Along the way, your guide will tell you historical stories about Mauritius' past, and the significance of this important mountain. Pause at the famous Trochetia Boutoniona viewpoint, named after the island's national flower, for some healthy snacks. Take a moment to admire the breathtaking panoramic views surrounding you. Next, arrive at the 470-meter-high summit and try not to let your jaw drop too low as you see the intense beauty and nature Mauritius is so famous for. Snap a few well-deserved photos before heading back down the mountain.
IncludesGuided hike with a qualified mountaineer Healthy snacks
- This activity may be postponed in the event of adverse weather conditions. Each participant must bring at least 1.5 liters of water. Transportation (pick-up and drop-off) can be organised at an additional cost. This activity is recommended for outdoor enthusiasts only.