My Guide Website?
Mauritius: Dolphin Encounter, Trou aux Cerf and Grand Bassin54 Reviews
Swim with wild dolphins in the open seas of Mauritius. Visit the dormant volcano of Trou aux Cerfs. Explore the sacred Hindu pilgrimage site of Grand Bassin. Discover the Seven Colored Earths and giant tortoises at Chamarel.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Mauritius:If youʻre booking your trip to Mauritius last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mauritius: Full-Day Speedboat Tour to Ile aux Cerfs & BBQ
- Mauritius: Le Morne Mountain Guided Sunrise Hike and Climb
- Mauritius: Bois Cheri, Saint Aubin & La Vanille Nature Park
- Port Louis: Private Guided Sightseeing Tour
- Mauritius: Gris Gris Beach & Mamzelle Waterfall Guided Tour
- Enjoy an unforgettable dolphin encounter and snorkeling adventure
- Visit the crater of the dormant volcano of Trou aux Cerfs
- Discover the popular site of Chamarel and marvel at the famous Seven Colored Earths
DescriptionBegin your full-day experience with a visit to the wild dolphins who live off the coast of the Black River in the Indian Ocean. Swim with the playful creatures in their natural environment. Learn about their habits and receive guidelines for a sustainable trip once you have boarded the boat. The skippers will accompany you in the water when it's your turn to swim. Take in stunning views over the open sea and of these amazing creatures before heading to the popular diving and snorkeling site (time permitting). Dive in and marvel at the beautiful coral gardens and tropical fish. Proceed then to the dormant volcano of Trou aux Cerfs for beautiful panoramas. Take a stroll around the crater, situated 2,000 feet above sea level, for breathtaking views of the whole island on clear days. Continue to the temples and shrines of the peaceful Grand Bassin. See the 108-foot statue of Shiva and climb the highest temple for more stunning views. Look out for the resident monkeys and other wildlife while you're there. Drive through the park to Plaine des Champagnes, stopping to admire Alexandra Falls on the way. Finally, head to Chamarel to discover the geological miracle that is the Seven Colored Earths. Get a view of Chamarel Falls, Mauritius' most famous waterfall. Say hello to one of the giant tortoises before concluding the tour and heading back to your hotel.
IncludesDriver and guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Activities as per itinerary
- • This tour lasts up to 8 hours. You can choose how long you spend at each attraction (except for the dolphin encounter, which lasts around 2.5 hours). Depending on your group’s speed, you may not have time to see all the listed attractions. • Please be advised that an encounter with the dolphins is not 100% guaranteed.
- You will have time for lunch at your own expense.
- It may not be possible to stop at Grand Bassin in February or March, as the area is a pilgrimage site during the festival of Mahashivaratree. • Please be advised that if you are staying on the north side of the island, pickup will occur slightly earlier.