My Guide Website?
- Dive into Port Louis' Street Food, and what makes it so special
- Experience the colourful and bustling Port Louis local market
- Discover the hidden spots of the capital that only locals know
- Taste goodies like sweet jalebis, dholl puri, and gâteau piment
DescriptionStart your journey at Le Caudan Waterfront, and head away from the familiarity of tourist-friendly spaces. Walk through the bustling streets of Port Louis. Mauritius has some amazing food, influenced by its Indian, Chinese, and African cultures. The central market is one of the best places to experience the best Mauritian food. For a taste of the Gujarati influence, you’ll find fresh, deep-fried gato pima, or chili bites. Made with soaked split peas, zingy spring onions, and green chilies, these really do pop in your mouth. Next, travel through the gates of the Chinatown of Port Louis to discover treats derived from Hakka Chinese dishes. The tour includes about 8 different dishes to try.
IncludesApproximately 8 food tastings A bottle of water
- This tour does not cater to vegan or gluten-free diets
- This tour runs rain or shine