My Guide Website?
- Taste the delicious local street food of Mauritius
- Discover the hidden spots of the capital that only locals know about
- Learn about the history of Mauritius and how the different cultures have influenced the local food
- Experience the colourful and bustling Port Louis local market
- Meet food vendors and hear their stories
DescriptionDiscover the sights and tastes of Port Louis through a guided street food tour. Let your guide lead you through the bustling streets to some of the authentic food stops of the capital. Starting at the Caudan Waterfront, head into the heart of the city by foot to explore its hidden corners and local food stops. From Indo-Mauritian 'faratas' (fried dough bread) served with Creole 'rougaille' (a rich tomato-based dish), to Sino-Mauritian 'boulettes' (dumplings) and Franco-Mauritian pastries, discover the Mauritian cultures by tasting their local delicacies. Indulge in approximately eight sensational tastings. Along the way, explore the real Port Louis: the old buildings and the stories they have to tell, the Company Gardens with their majestic hanging Banyan trees, the busy market full of colours, voices and flavours, and China Town and its will to preserve its culture. Join this three-hour walking food tour and satisfy your appetite for food, history and culture.
IncludesFood tastings (approx. 6 tastings) A bottle of water
- This tour covers a distance of just under 4km by foot
- This tour does not cater to vegan or gluten-free diets
- Poor weather does not warrant a cancellation, unless a specific warning has been issued by the authorities
- This tour is possible for people with limited mobility, but it is not recommended